Tighter curve than R628?

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
TheBlurDragon

Tighter curve than R628?

Postby TheBlurDragon » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Hi people.
I'm currently adding a 4th track to my station but want to bring 2 of the tracks closer which are linked via a peco point. At the moment I have a R628 curve but is there a tighter curve I can use to bring the parallel tracks together?
www.dans-garage.co.uk
Check out my slot car collection, race circuit & railway

bocaj

Re: Tighter curve than R628?

Postby bocaj » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:49 am

You could use Hornby 1st Radius curves, but I don't recomend them as most locos and some rolling stock can't get round them as they are too tight.
Or another option would be to use flexi track. But you would probably just find out that it will have the same problam as the 1st radius.

Hope this helps,

Jacob :D

K9-70

Postby K9-70 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:48 am

TheBlurDragon wrote:Hi people.
I'm currently adding a 4th track to my station but want to bring 2 of the tracks closer which are linked via a peco point. At the moment I have a R628 curve but is there a tighter curve I can use to bring the parallel tracks together?

Use Peco Flexi-Track, it will fit the bill perfectly for making a tighter radius.
The Rides the "REASON" the "DESTINATION" is only an "EXCUSE" :-).

Bufferstop

Postby Bufferstop » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:18 pm

You don't say what the Peco point is, Settrack, Streamline-short, -medium or -long. If it's Settrack (ie same geometry as Hornby) any of the Streamline points will give a smaller angle of divergence, which combined with flexitrack will allow you to create a closer spacing, at the cost some length of the two branches. It's a trade off you have to make. Using a tighter radius might restrict the diverging route to short or all bogie stock. Even then long bogie stock may have a large overhang, interfering with platforms and/or lineside fittings.
John W.
aka Bufferstop
Growing old, can't avoid it. Growing up, forget it!
My Layout, My Workbench Blog and My Opinions

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”