Hornby 2012

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
User avatar
Phipps
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Phipps » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Pannier09 wrote:It looks like Hornby has bought back some old stuff I see.
I bet Bittern and the BR "King Edward the II" Preserved BR Blue King Class will cost a lot.

Already quoted at £104 without the P&P at Hattons.I'm certain I paid about the same for my Silverlink A4 from the BVR in March.This looks like another popular choice,so why didn't they stretch to 1500?
There were only 1100 of the Silverlink models & that went like hot cakes :roll:

User avatar
Pannier09
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 am
Location: In my house
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Pannier09 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Phipps wrote:
Pannier09 wrote:It looks like Hornby has bought back some old stuff I see.
I bet Bittern and the BR "King Edward the II" Preserved BR Blue King Class will cost a lot.

Already quoted at £104 without the P&P at Hattons.I'm certain I paid about the same for my Silverlink A4 from the BVR in March.This looks like another popular choice,so why didn't they stretch to 1500?
There were only 1100 of the Silverlink models & that went like hot cakes :roll:


I understand why there wasn't a Rail road version.

User avatar
Phipps
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Phipps » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Let's just hope the detailing on 6023 is as good as that on 2509.Then it will be worth the wedge :wink:

User avatar
Pannier09
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 am
Location: In my house
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Pannier09 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Indeed.

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby kennyGWSR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:11 pm

The King tooling is quite detailed, the things that let it down are: the tender connection and chassis. HOWEVER it does say the dcc chip has moved to the tender, so does this mean a new chassis maybe?
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
thebritfarmer
Posts: 1490
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:46 pm
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby thebritfarmer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:22 pm

If anyone wanted the Britannia from the Diamond Jubilee pack but not the coaches I would be interested in buying them.
All Aboooooard !!

User avatar
Phipps
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Phipps » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:24 am

kennyGWSR wrote:The King tooling is quite detailed, the things that let it down are: the tender connection and chassis. HOWEVER it does say the dcc chip has moved to the tender, so does this mean a new chassis maybe?

Could be interesting,Kenny.I can't recall what the connection was with my old King Henry that I sold to Ben,but if was the same as their older Castle & the current 4-6-0 County,then they will definately need a new coupling.........

User avatar
Essex2Visuvesi
Posts: 2357
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:51 pm
Location: Finland, Finland, Finland!

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Essex2Visuvesi » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:30 am

looking at the cR3092 Coronation Scot Train Pack - Limited Edition 2000 .... can't see any add on carriages tho :(
Si quam primum vos operor non successio , impono

The only stupid question is the one I didn't ask

Proud member of the OAM
(Order of the Armchair Modeller

User avatar
NWARA tandc35
Posts: 146
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby NWARA tandc35 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:32 am

kennyGWSR wrote:It was between 50035 in Loadhaul or the Noerthern Rail 142, they decided the 142 would sell more ;)

Hi Kenny seems you were right, ok only think that interests me is the Inter-City coaches, better get and pre order them. :lol:
Ive heard a strong ru mour that Vi trains are doing a 50 this year, but we will have to wait and see. :lol:
Class 50 (Vac's)
Westerns
Deltics
Alliance shareholder
Renown Repulse
D400 50050 Fearless group
LAYOUT Royal Oak Rd 1987-1995 NSE

User avatar
siquelme
Posts: 869
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:35 pm
Location: 71D - Portsmouth, UK

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby siquelme » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:34 am

Phipps wrote:
kennyGWSR wrote:The King tooling is quite detailed, the things that let it down are: the tender connection and chassis. HOWEVER it does say the dcc chip has moved to the tender, so does this mean a new chassis maybe?

Could be interesting,Kenny.I can't recall what the connection was with my old King Henry that I sold to Ben,but if was the same as their older Castle & the current 4-6-0 County,then they will definately need a new coupling.........


Mine King Stephen is the old style coupling the same as my Hogwarts Castle and Railroad county class the only one with the new connection is the Tintgeal Castle but that is DCC chipped in the locomotive there are only pick ups in the tender
Great Western Modeller for my sins
My Blog http://brookescastle.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Phipps
Posts: 1460
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:42 pm
Location: Hellesdon, Norwich, Norfolk

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Phipps » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:43 am

NWARA tandc35 wrote:Ive heard a strong rumour that Vi trains are doing a 50 this year, but we will have to wait and see. :lol:

Good to know they might have something planned then?

Cheers for confirming about your King class Siquelme.Rings a bell anyway :wink:

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby kennyGWSR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Bittern is due into Hornby in May, just so you know ;)
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

Welsh_Trident_Man
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 am

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby Welsh_Trident_Man » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:43 pm

Regards to the 67 the eta has been moved backed to the 4th quarter now. That is a relief, some time to bank some cash !

Regards.

User avatar
kennyGWSR
Posts: 1967
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: 89A Llanidloes
Contact:

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby kennyGWSR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:00 pm

That's a shame, they are basically finished though. :? Gives me time to buy other things before hand however.
60089 Felstead :)
Layout: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=33128
Rail photos: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=28381

User avatar
trainsandco
Posts: 2138
Joined: Sat May 09, 2009 10:34 am
Location: Leeds

Re: Hornby 2012

Postby trainsandco » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 pm

I wouldn't be bothered if Hornby left the King Chassis as it currently is, what I would be bothered by is if they permentally coupled the loco to the tender...
Henley on Thames in the 30's

Southerner in a weird place called "Yorkshire"...

81D & 55A


Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests