Lima 67

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
monorailkid

Lima 67

Postby monorailkid » Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Im having troble with my lima class 67, when i try to run it it runs at a crawl for a second or two and then stops, it worked fine yesterday , i took it apart and tryed running it again. a white smoke started comming from one end of the curicit board, what can i do to make it work again. :cry:

egroeg93

Re: Lima 67

Postby egroeg93 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:48 pm

yikes, that sounds kinda terminal to me.. smoke means pernement damage, so try get it to a local model shop and they can diagnose it.

martin_l_jones

Postby martin_l_jones » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:42 am

I had one of those many years ago, it was 67002 which was also difficult to find due to the broken body issue.

It went back to Holt and then to the railway scrap yard in the sky..

Best bet is to watch ebay for a chassis or replacement loco, or go for a second hand hornby model.
No more fotopic, now onto flickr...

Just started to load up my photos and video, see my layout and the real things at..
http://www.youtube.com/user/mljones21
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16645820@N06/6157779077/

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:49 am

Sounds like failure of a circuit board suppression component is all. With all Lima it is worth removing all the wiring and re-doing it with soldered on wires between the pick ups and the motor terminals. For some reason, Lima wired up locos with what look like sweepings from the factory floor, lots of little bits of wire clipped and crimped on to bits of bent brass, wonky sprung plungers, flakily attached pick up wipers. The motors on Lima are pretty robust, and the can motors used in their class 20 and 67 were the best they ever supplied in UK product, and are very similar to the cans in Hornby and Bachmann diesels, should last a long time. Test the motor directly by disconnecting from the wiring in the loco and making connections to the motor terminals from your controller, and if it runs (I bet it will) rewire it yourself.

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”