Hornby 2010 Product information

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
Phipps

Re: Hornby 2010 Product information

Postby Phipps » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:00 pm

60007 wrote:The Blue Pullman (I rang hornby in August to ask them about it, the guy said they were considering it (don't know if thats default answer though)

Can't say I would complain(though no doubt it'll be well into the £100 mark),but would seriously affect my saving-up for a Bachmann NRM Truro.......
I've probably mentioned this before,but it would be superb if Hornby would re-livery a Lima 3-car Class 101 set in the Refurbished White with the blue stripe,similar to Bachmann's recent 2-car 108 & the old 3-car 110.
Boring to some people I'll admit,but I'd DEFINATELY put my name down for one.

oztankonline

Postby oztankonline » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:07 am

The Blue Pullman wow "do pigs really fly?
Robert.

poliss

Postby poliss » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:04 pm

If pigs could fly would the price of bacon go up?

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:48 am

Come on guys.. can't we be a bit more imaginitive than the blue "yawn"man

How about some Electrostar or Desiro EMUs or even a Class 442 wessex electric or a nice model of a class 319 EMU. The Blue Pullman is so... not here anymore and I bet your **se no one can capture the sound they made to put on a DCC sound chip!

Leave the Blue Pullman to the Triang brigade it's old hat and not worth it to make one now.
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

bendoyle1983

Postby bendoyle1983 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:33 pm

I agree, some more modern EMUs would be brilliant, but I doubt that either Hornby or Bachmann will bite the bullet for a while - I for one would love a Class 323!

How about a lovely new Class 142? Even if not a new model, at least a pacer in Northern Rail livery... I can't believe that they haven't already done one in Northern Rail, considering it's the biggest user of them (yet they've done a First GW livery!).

Not sure if there are any more Diesels they could do? I don't think there are!

Hornby could do with updating their tooling for the Electric Locos and the Class 142/101/67 and include directional lighting etc. This is my wish for 2010!
Uh-uh, I ain't driving you no more Miss Daisy!

Mighty

Postby Mighty » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:52 pm

Just seen a couple of rumours, and from the steam side it looks very good indeed, certainly something for two points of the compass to get excited about...

I won't say any more - you've only got 7 days to wait :D
"We've shot off over a million cannon shells, and what's the result? One dachschund with a slight limp." - Blackadder

My layout thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20737

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:58 pm

The only thing I worry about is if I'll have enough money to pay for it all! lol. The rumours sound great so far.. apart from the flue bullman which is now boring to be honest.
A voice from the distance said unto me "Smile, things could be worse" so I smiled and lo, things did get worse!

rb277170

Postby rb277170 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:36 pm

The debate in my model shop was whether an L1 was ever stationed in Scotland. The concensus was not, in which case it looks like there's very little for the modeler north of the border again. Maybe I should just put the third rail down and be done with it!

Russell

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I think what ever Hornby announce on December 25th there will no doubt be "delighteds of droitwich's" and "disgusted's of Dag'nam" (that's how it's pronounced not spelt!) rejoicing or moaning about what is or isn't on the cards for next year.

I for one, rejoice in the fact that the southern 3rd rail system is at last being recognised as a sizeable chunk of our railway system by the model manufacturers and we have the delights of the 4-CEP from Bachmann (which is a stunning model at a very reasonable price) and the forthcoming 2-EPB also from Bachmann, not to mention a DEMU Thumper from Dapol in association with Kernow Model Centre which although not 3rd rail, they ran alongside their electric cousins all over the SR. Bringing matters right up to date we have the Javelin from Hornby which is also seen trundilng about the third rail system in Kent when not flying between Ashford & St Pancras.

I sympathise with any modeller who feels they are being missed out in terms of their particular favourite loco... the third rail has long been the forgotten part of ready to run modelling and it has disappointed many modellers for decades that nothing decent has been made up until now. However the SR was not made up entirely of 4-CEPs or EPBs.. the VEP and the CIG were far more common all over it and I feel sure once the euphoria over the 4-CEP has died down (I'm told it is already a hit in the shops) we will see more EMUs from different manufacturers.

indeed I've a "warm" feeling that we might see a little surprise from Hornby this year! maybe.. maybe not.. it's all part of the fun only 6 days to go folks :)

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:43 am

Rail Express modeller in their advert for the January 2010 issue shows a headline " SLAM DUNK 4-CEP arrives as Hornby announce S ********* " with the end bit cleverly scrambled. Now I wonder if that S stands for Southern EMU seeing as the mag parades the 4-CEP across its front page?? Could we see another SR EMU??? There are various rumours floating around as usual but I have a feeling one of the ones I have heard might actually be true.... not long to wait now :-)

K9-70

Postby K9-70 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:55 am

oztankonline wrote:The Blue Pullman wow "do pigs really fly?

Yes they do! :D

http://www.batterseapowerstation.org.uk/floyd/floyd.html
Animals - Pink Floyd

K9-70
The Rides the "REASON" the "DESTINATION" is only an "EXCUSE" :-).

saslord
Site Admin

Postby saslord » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:54 pm

Just for info..

The Hornby 2010 Range will be released here at 12.01am Christmas Day.

hornby-2010.gif
hornby-2010.gif (2.99 KiB) Viewed 1358 times

Click here for the 2010 pages

Metadyneman

Postby Metadyneman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:25 pm

saslord wrote:Just for info..

yeah but I'll be in the pub then so will come back to all the surprises (or non surprises) with double vision about an hour later....

NNR.76079

Postby NNR.76079 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:59 pm

[quote="Bigmet"]You have to believe that they will do another 4-4-0, and the most likely has to be the Midland / LMS 4P compound. Although I would much prefer an all new Fowler 4F as the new Midland model, the compound is very pretty and Hornby's detail and livery application will make the best of it, and this loco is an obvious gap in the LMS/LMR fleet.

I hope that they do a 4F, preferably No.44422 in BR unlined black with the white late crest logo,

There needs to be more LNER/Eastern Region models coming through so I would hope they would be:

J15 0-6-0 (maybe 1 of this as the North Norfolk Railway's No.65462, as a special edition loco to mark the finishing of their mainline crossing)

N7 0-6-2T,

as you can see my views of what locos should be released, have a strong asscoiation to the North Norfolk Railway, but then that's because i love visiting that railway as often as I can!

and maybe re-tooling of the B12 4-6-0, espacilly in LNER Green (as the NNR's B12 is to be re-introducded into this livery)

GWR Modiedfied Hall 4-6-0

Diesel Locos?

Class 42 Warship class,

Class 52 Western Class,

Multiple Unit?

Leyland Railbus Prototypes, LEV1 on the (yes you guessed it the NNR!)

Class 180

Coaches?

These would be a very long shot but would love to see these in R-T-R, the Gresley Quad-Arts, with extra coaches with bogies to make quint-arts

LNER observation cars,

LNER Pigeon Van
If it steam and runs on rails i like it.
If its big, red and goes 'NEE-NAW' i like it

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:30 pm

Nice to see your post on here Sir :wink:
I recognised a few familiar names/numbers in your list & also noticed your user ID
Thought you might appreciate this(apologies to those of you who've seen this posted before :oops: ).........
You'll have to let me know when you're next making a visit.
We were on a Santa Special this Saturday(19th),cos my Dad bought tickets to take him,my wife,little Alfie & myself.
69621 was the tank engine & was impressive,pulling 6 mainly-full Mk1s all by itself :wink:

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”