Hornby A4

Discuss Hornby Model Railway products and related topics here. This includes (Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren).
sishades

Re: Hornby A4

Postby sishades » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:06 am

it is still advertised on their website at 75 pounds. Seems a bit of a bargain.
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:56 pm

I realise this is Fleabay,but this has an A4,Pullmans & a DCC Select controller
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWAX:IT
Only thing is the Feedback rating is a tad dubious though.

SirMeliot

Postby SirMeliot » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:48 pm

I've bought stuff stuff from Hobby Shop Express before with no problems. They are actually Clifford James and commission their own Ltd editions.

Beware though, it's not a DCC Select controller. It's the new cheapo analogue trainset controller that just looks a bit similar.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:24 am

Bit cheeky there,glad you pointed that out,Sir M.
Glad I got my Elite from Andrew that I work with,as I'd be a bit peeved to think I was purchasing a Select,but not getting one.
I guess this would explain the £130 price tag?

K9-70

Postby K9-70 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:37 am

SirMeliot wrote:I've bought stuff stuff from Hobby Shop Express before with no problems. They are actually Clifford James and commission their own Ltd editions.

Beware though, it's not a DCC Select controller. It's the new cheapo analogue trainset controller that just looks a bit similar.

Not according to the Ebay members page.
The Hobby Shop Express is run by Jamie Evans
See link below.
http://members.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI. ... hopexpress

K9-70
The Rides the "REASON" the "DESTINATION" is only an "EXCUSE" :-).

SirMeliot

Postby SirMeliot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:04 am

Checkout BVG-Airflo Ltd which is the company listed on that eBay page. They own Clifford James.

SirMeliot

Postby SirMeliot » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:07 am

When you buy stuff from Hobby Shop Express ti comes in Clifford James packaging and Clifford James will send you catalogues about cardigans and comfy slippers until the end of time.

sishades

Postby sishades » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:32 am

cardigans and comfy slippers until the end of time.

Should look the business once my beard has grown back :D
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again

Phipps

Re: (HELP!) Hornby A4

Postby Phipps » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 pm

Andytrains2309 wrote:Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me. I have been trying to aquire the the "Heart of Midlothian" for a while but I am confused as to the specification of the train pack. I went on to the Argos website and the train pack is listed as containing A4 Woodcock! I want the Falcon version...does anyone know where I can get it!

If you're still looking Andy I found this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hornby-Heart-of-M ... %26ps%3D63
Not got a good feedback rating though,so you might want to think hard about it first..... :roll:

SirMeliot

Postby SirMeliot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 pm

The Argos description is wrong. The pack contains 60025 'Falcon'. Which is also wrong as it has a single chimney when it should be double, if you care about such things.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:30 am

That's an anomoly I wasn't aware of with the locomotive,though it makes sense that 60019 Bittern seems to have a double chimney & is in the similar green livery :o
The 60025 model really is a smooth runner though :D

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 pm

Just tried a Railroad A4 I picked up recently on my track(first chance to do so since purchase) & sadly one of the wheels is loose on the front bogie.Every time it tries to take a curve the wheel outer slips & the inside wheel derails as a result.
By this I mean the outer,flanged section is loose from the spoked inner piece.
I've notified Hattons of the fault to see what they suggest but I'm hoping they'll offer me an exchange :roll:

steviesparx

Postby steviesparx » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:17 pm

Phipps wrote:Just tried a Railroad A4 I picked up recently on my track(first chance to do so since purchase) & sadly one of the wheels is loose on the front bogie.Every time it tries to take a curve the wheel outer slips & the inside wheel derails as a result.
By this I mean the outer,flanged section is loose from the spoked inner piece

I think this is a very common fault with these - I bought 3 ! ( It was a 3 for 2 offer at Tesco Direct - sold on the spare )...
Two of the 3 had this problem. The metal outer ( tyre ) can be reseated onto the inner with care, but another example of sloppy quality control I'm afraid...

Bigmet

Postby Bigmet » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:16 am

It shouldn't happen, but this one is at least easily fixed with a little superglue on the inner, and pop the flanged tyre home. In principle every item with a fault should be returned, as that means the retailer will put pressure in the manufacturer to improve the build quality. But I don't know about the rest of you, if the model is basically fine, but has a small but easily rectified defect; my inclination is to fix it and get on with enjoying operating the model.

Phipps

Postby Phipps » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:31 pm

I had a tiny flaw with a Bachmann 4MT I had(76079 with the late crest)where a door was loose from the tender.
Problem was that in glueing the part back on,some of the glue residue ended up on the tender & ruined the finish.
Thankfully I was able to sell it on & bought the early crest version with the proceeds :wink:

Return to “Hornby - including Lima, Rivarossi, Jouef, Electrotren”