Duffryn Road TMD - The Rebuild page 17

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
brush man

Post by brush man »

Good stuff Adam, looking forward to this one
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

Looking excellent Adam, I love the 08 8)

Kindest Regards,

Rhys
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Thanks Guys, really appreciate it!

Sam, That's exactly what i want to achieve on this layout as well as the operational interest. Where you see the 37 as it is now, thats where i will have a few more locos and a rotting wagons too to show the storage lines which are at most TMD locations around the UK.

I've finally bought a PikeStuff 2 Road depot last night and also Noch Ballast so that will keep me busy for the next couple of days. 8)

Adam
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Ballasting has been put on hold so that i can buy some lights for the layout, going to go for a couple of modern lamposts and see if i can place them around the layout before i finish the rest of the ballasting.

Here's a few pictures taken a couple of days ago and since then i've completed the ballasting of the 2 disused sidings and finished of the paper mache :)

Here train spotter Rhys spots a Tug idle-ing on the stabled roads awaiting next duty.

again he gets closer to take another pic of 60012

finally Rhys takes a picture of the class 58 and the class 60 in the background.

Thats it untill the weekend where a video will be made!! 8) Now im off to sort out my tactics on Xpert11 for tomorrows game :lol:

Cheers

Adam
pete12345

Post by pete12345 »

Class 60 wrote:Righteo ....here's a few pics :)

here class 60012 and 47528 are seen inside the depot ( just imagine they inside a depot :wink: ) and class 31 is stabled on fuel point line.

here class 08800 drops off a redundant Hornby class 37 where it will rot and maybe used for scraps in the near future.

Finally here's a pic of a start on the scenery while 08800 drops off the class 37.

Thanks for looking :D
Adam
Its funny how the setrack points look so much better at 'eye' level. They dont seem as sharp from a lower viewing angle.
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

Thankyou Adam for including me :D Your layout is looking excellent and I think that's a great choice to buy some lamposts rather than finish the ballasting as it will be easier to put them in. That 60 looks lovely (One of my favourite type of locos) and so does the 58! This is one of my favourite layouts on the forum so everytime I see an update I rush to it as quick as possible 8) .

Keep it productive and keep the fantastic modelling up,

Rhys
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Thanks Guys, Pete i never even thought about that untill you posted....i agree it does look better at eye level.

Rhys i just had to include you as you have included me in your brilliant layouts! :wink:
The reason for taking time out with ballasting is because im trying to get a feel and trying to imagine how i want the layout to look when finished :roll:
so i've just bought the knightwing fencing for the car park.....i was going to buy the portacabin too but decided to scratch build it instead :)

And finally i want to say a big thank you to my parents who have bought me a replacement soldering iron today.

Updates tomorrow and hopefully a vid as i did promise :)

Cheers Guys
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Looking good! Always liked to see old Locos and wagons decaying in sidings, not because I want em to but they just look good and kind of eerie.
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

small update. Haven't really done any major work to the layout such as ballasting :roll: but i have started to weather some of the static wagons which will be placed onto the layout on the siding.

I might have over-weathered this wagon but will see what it looks like tomorrow and see if i have to weather it again.

Vid Tomorrow i promise :)
Cheers
Adam
British Rail

Post by British Rail »

Lovely stuff Adam! PM sent there!

Kindest Regards,

Rhys
Last edited by British Rail on Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmurnin900

Post by mmurnin900 »

The 2nd one is great, perfect for disused sidings. Looking good
Matthew
LFC We've still got 5
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Thanks Guys,
This was my first go at weathering using some spare humbrol enamel paints i had from previous kit buildings.
These wagons will remain static on the layout, with the 1st wagon being almost completly covered in undergrowth and shrubs. Im not too happy with the second wagon though so it will be weathered again but overall not too bad i suppose for a novice :)

Cheers

Adam
Metrocamel

Post by Metrocamel »

Class 60 wrote: Image
Awesome! Might have to dig out my Humbrol paints now! 8)
Class 60 wrote:Vid Tomorrow i promise :)
Cheers
Adam
Another famous cab ride! 8)
"Out of commission become a pillbox, out of ammo become a bunker, out of time... become heroes"
Layout updated 18/10/09!
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 67#p215267
ledgero2

Post by ledgero2 »

hi Adam. youve done a great job of that weathering, looks amazing :D

the layouts coming along nice, so keep it up.

regards, the other Adam :wink:
One day i'll fall out of the clouds and build a layout!!

http://adam-ledger.fotopic.net -my photo site
Class 60

Post by Class 60 »

Thanks Adam, i wouldn't say its a great job but its reasonably ok. I think i've caught the bug too! I've been weathering my Bright Yellow Track Cleaner into something a bit more dirty looking :wink:

Here's a vid and no Metro its not one of my famous cab ride vids but none the less its a vid :)
Here we see the depot's shunter arrive with a tanker for the fuelling point.
I can't remember the music in the background, i think it was electric light orchestra :?

Anyway still uploading and editing some more vids so will post them up when they're done!

Cheers Guys

Adam