St. Blazey's - My first layout

Post your design ideas for any layout that you are planning to build in the future. Keep members up-to-date with your designs and future plans for your layout.
End2end

Re: St. Blazey's - My first layout

Post by End2end »

Thanks for your kind comments carnehan. Yes it can be somewhat frustrating but the reality is, If I could run trains at the moment I don't think so much work would get done for the layout :lol: , so in a way it is actually helping the end product although there are somethings I cannot tackle at the moment as I have no pshysical layout to "try out" locations for the buildings etc.
Thanks
End2end
"St Blazey's" - The progress and predicaments.
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
St. Blazey's Works & Depot thread
End2end

Post by End2end »

OH dear.... over a month and no update this time :oops:
Much has been done but most things have been little fiddly things (no I haven't moved over to N gauge :lol: ).
I have been making up some of the excellent Wordsworth furniture and fitting them in Cream Cottage and the terrace.
Both buildings are now fully glazed and I have been fitting beds and carpets made from balsa covered in cuttings from catalogues. I found a tiny mirror that must have been on toy disco ball or a blingy handbag so stuck that on one of the bedroom walls. Purchased some orange 2mm flashing LED's and drilled and added one to the digger I have and it looks really effective, and bright once I tested on a 12v power supply instead of the weak LED tester I have.
I have also made my home made static grass applicator and have a little static grass, but yet to have a go.
I have started on my control panel today, having to cut the upturned box twice as I made the first one too blooming small. Simply 5mm ply on 2 x 1.
Also some purchases...
5 x GWR 4 wheel coaches
The digger I added the flashing LED to and the flashing LED's
more acrylic paints
3 LENZ Silver + decoders - The first I have bought :D Thanks for all the advice on these
Bachmann Collet Goods BR Black Early crest
Heljan Class 14 "Teddy" - My first Heljan loco :D An NRM member inspired purchase
Triple pack of "CREDITON" Hornby wagons
2 Dapol wagons - Devonshire Eggs weathered and a Taunton concrete works grampus also weathered
More Hornby wheelsets
50 Sitting figures - The cheap Chinese ones but I will be cutting them up for internal passengers and may give them some more paint.
I'll try to add some pictures soon but all is in a safe place out of the way for the moment. There also may be some other news very shortly.... watch this thread :)
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Lots going on then! Could you possibly tell me where you got your cheap seated figures from, as last time I looked I struggled to find a large batch of seated figures, all I could find was cheap packs of 10 or 20.
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
End2end

Post by End2end »

Sure flying scotsman123. From ebay £3.96 for 50 but mine still haven't arrived. I think they are being shipped rather than airfreight but I knew they would take long and I dont mind waiting for the price :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191172384966?
Item Details:
Well painted, assorted colors and styles
Perfect for layout or diorama
Material: Plastic
Size:Approx.0.79inch / 20mm
Scale: 1:87
Posture: Seated
Style: Approx. 30 different style per set
Quantity (Approx.): 50 Pieces
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
flying scotsman123
Location: err, down there round the corner... not that one!!!

Post by flying scotsman123 »

Thanks very much End2End, although I think I'll be repainting them even though they'll be inside carriages; they're a little garish, especially for the Edwardian era!
Stone station in pre-grouping days, my layout. Workbench for other projects here.
End2end

Post by End2end »

A pleasure ;)
And yes definatly garish lol
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building
End2end

Post by End2end »

This train is leaving the station finally... see the onward destination here on my new BUILDING thread :D :D :D
http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=48176
Thanks
End2end
Welcome‎
Planning
Building