Sunshine in the Lakes (By Lee - N gauge )

Post pictures and information about your own personal model railway layout that is under construction. Keep members up-to-date with what you are doing and discuss problems that you are having.
Lee

Sunshine in the Lakes (By Lee - N gauge )

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

Well its been a while the house move was all ok, and the decorating is done new house no linked neighbour and im buzzing :lol: Its a long time coming :D

As i promised a few months ago the next layout will be shortly underway the plan is to use the existing carports roof and build a 10 Ft x 8 Ft area with garage at the front with wooden sides and back with a window and door to the back.

Its going to be a N gauge DCC Layout ( like the old layout) modelled similair to the Lake district, with hills mountains alot of trees and some big big lakes :wink:

The Picture Below shows the new area before i start this project, the garage door will come up to the nearest electric meter by the window and will go along to the right hand post, and going back to the wooden frame thats already in place.

Lee 8)
Last edited by Lee on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My N Gauge Layout.

Sunshine In The Lakes <<<<< Old layout no more

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)
SouthernBoy

Re: Sunshine in the Lakes (By Lee - N gauge )

Post by SouthernBoy »

Great to hear you're now settled and ready for your next layout. Are you planning on having the room ready for the winter ? 10' x 8' gives you plenty of scope ... Your old layout was quite inspiring, so I'm looking forward to what you come up with this time round :)
Raider

Post by Raider »

That is going to be a cracking railway room Lee. As I said on MSN if you need a hand give me a yell and I'll have a wander round.

With the garage doors are you going for up and over or 2 hinged opening doors?

BTW I've moved this over to the planning section until you start construction of the layout - hope you don't mind.

Chris
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

No probs Chris my bad :wink:

Southern boy cheers for comment it will be well underway and probably nearly half finished by crimbo going by the last layout :lol: :lol: ( Now the pressures on :mrgreen: )

Been messing with photo editing been bored waiting while im waiting for payday not the neatest but shows how it will sort of look like :)
Last edited by Lee on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My N Gauge Layout.

http://www.newrailwaymodellers.co.uk/Fo ... 22&t=44159 <<<<< Back to the Lakes (New Layout 2013)
Raider

Post by Raider »

One thought about the up and over door - you will need to sort out some way of stopping the breeze blowing through the gaps otherwise all the insulation in the world will not keep it at a nice temperature.
SouthernBoy

Post by SouthernBoy »

Raider wrote:One thought about the up and over door - you will need to sort out some way of stopping the breeze blowing through the gaps otherwise all the insulation in the world will not keep it at a nice temperature.
A thick and heavy curtain all the way across - people use to have them across doorways to keep the draughts out in winter. Get a blue curtain and you have 'instant sky' 8) In summer just pull it back to let the fresh air through :)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

Update time ive currently been designing the Area to be built hopefully next weekend i will be ordering it next week. :wink:

It will be 10 x 8 Ft as planned so heres the progress

Also my 1st plans of the Layout are coming together too included at the bottom.

Thanks for looking

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

Well been busy changing and making more plans as the side of the house that was to be used for the layout as been abandoned due to the roof being made from asbestos :o .

Ok so plan B is underway with a 14FT x 8Ft shed on order it should arrive on Saturday the 2ND August, ive cut away trees and leveled the base ready for the slabs that should come on Friday. The Shed electrics are in the planning stage to accomodate the full use of a PC to control the DCC of the Layout, along with a Heater and the lighting all done safely (o yes and not forgetting the music entertainment too 8-) ).

Here are a few pics showing were the Shed is going

Before

Tin Shed Moved to here Layout left side across to back

This shows the area close up before soil was moved.

First very basic Track Plan this is just to show how the tracks will go round the baseboard this will be changed.

Image.

Thanks For Viewing

Lee
Last edited by Lee on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My N Gauge Layout.

sishades

Post by sishades »

You are going to need an reverse module where the two circuits join! Otherwise nothing will work!
High towards the far post,Howard with a header,Hes done it!Steve Howard has scored for Leicester City,Bedlam here at the Walkers Stadium. the Leeds United players are flat out on the turf in utter despair. Leicester City are going to win again
Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi,

Yeah thanks alot for the reply luckly its something i have talked about with Chris so im sort of pre-planned for that problem 8)

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Lee

Post by Lee »

Hi all,

After 4 Hours of Graft 3/4 of a ton of Sand and 3 bags of cement 24 slabs later All slabs are in position just waiting for the Shed to arrive in 8 Days time.

Time for a Chinese me thinks im knackered :lol: :D

Thanks for Looking

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.

Raider

Post by Raider »

You don't hang around do you Lee - I'm looking forward to when your shed arrives so that we can start playing with bits of track on the floor (1:1 track planning)
Watercress

Post by Watercress »

Looking good so far and seems lots of planning has gone into this so far.

What will you do you with the other 4' of shed?
Raider

Post by Raider »

The original plan was drawn up for the space down the side of the house with was only 10' X 8'. When Lee changed the location for the layout he went for the extra 4' as 'compensation'. Planning proper will start once the shed is in place and we can get some track out and have a play (Lee has asked me to help with the planning side of things as he lives about 6 minutes walk away)
Lee

Post by Lee »

Raider wrote:The original plan was drawn up for the space down the side of the house with was only 10' X 8'. When Lee changed the location for the layout he went for the extra 4' as 'compensation'. Planning proper will start once the shed is in place and we can get some track out and have a play (Lee has asked me to help with the planning side of things as he lives about 6 minutes walk away)
Thanks for replying was not feeling to good at the time

Update time the Man shed has arrives so its sytems go from tommorrow insulation and painting of shed are next.

Thanks for looking

Lee
My N Gauge Layout.